Who can request to apply for a social care professional licence?
What different social care professions can I apply to get a license to practice from DCD and through TAMM?
You may apply for the following categories of social care professions:
- Psychologist (NON-CLINICAL)
- Applied Behavioral Analyst (ABA)
- Social worker
How can I request to apply for a social care professional licence?
What is the process to apply a social care professional licence?
You can request to apply for a social care professional licence through TAMM using your UAE Pass or SmartPass account.
- Navigate to Digital Services > Department of Community Development (DCD).
- Click APPLY beside the Request to Issue a Social Care Professional Licence.
- Click START and fill the required information for your application. Submit the request.
- Await notification from DCD.
What documents do I need to submit in order to apply for a social care professional license?
- Fill out the version of DCD licensing application form
- Fill out the Introductory document form.
- Copy of the first two pages of the applicants valid Passport
- Copy of a valid residency visa (required for resident expatriates only)
- Copy of a valid Emirates ID (required for residents)
- Digital Copy of a passport sized coloured portrait photo (.jpeg format)
- Curriculum Vitae (PDF or Microsoft Word format)
- Copies of local or international Professional Licenses (if applicable)
- Attested copy of each relevant Educational Degree o Legal translation of the degree certificates if issued in any language other than Arabic or English.o For degrees issued outside of the UAE, these are required to be equalized by the Ministry of Education, UAE.
- Copy of Official Transcript (for each relevant university degree attained)o Legal translation of the Official Transcript if issued in any language other than Arabic or English.
- 'Letter(s) of Experience' clarifying: job title, responsibilities and period of employment signed by employing facility's authorized signatory covering the past two years of experience
- Local or International Police Clearance Certificate :-Local Police Clearance Certificate: if a resident of more than 6 months. The certificate must have been issued in the last 6 months.-International Police Clearance Certificate or equivalent from the competent authority in the country of residence and nationality, in the case the applicant is not a local resident or has been a resident for less than 6 months. The certificate must have been issued in the last 6 months.
- Verification report of information and Experiences through Dataflow company.
What is the maximum number of qualifications I can include in my request to apply for a social care professional licence?
What qualifications can I include in my request to apply for a social care professional licence?
You can include several types of qualifications including:
- Bachelor's Degree
What counts as relevant work experience when requesting to apply for a social care professional licence?
You can include any of the following work experiences:
What kind of licences can I include in my request to apply for a social care professional licence?
You can include licences issued by any of the following entities:
- Department of Health Abu Dhabi
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Community Development
- Community Development Authority
- Recognized international Professional Bodies and/or Associations
If none of the above entities are relevant to your licence(s), then you can mention the issuing entity's name in your request.
Who qualifies as a social care professional?
What is the time frame for assessing a licensing application?
Why is DCD introducing licenses for social care professionals?
DCD is introducing licenses for Social Care Professionals in recognition of the importance of the services they provide.
For licensed professionals, beneficiaries have the assurance that a professional has the skills and experience required, and has committed to perform their duties in accordance with DCD's ethical and quality standards.
How much does it cost to apply for a license?
What happens if I do not meet the minimum education and work experience criteria?
If you do not meet the minimum criteria, DCD where possible, will provide guidance to professionals on the actions required to attain their License.
For example, you may be required to pass a competency examination, attain additional training courses or qualifications.